Thursday 28 May 2015

60 Days more………

A few days back as I was traveling home from office, a random thought came to my mind.  What if we all had 60 days left to do all that we wanted to do…how would we spend this time? How would our perception of life change?  What would matter and what would not?  How would we make a difference to the world?

It’s at times like this, when encountered with such thoughts that we should reflect on what we really want to do.

So I decided to create a 60-day-wish-list, and this is it:

1)      To spend more time with my family, and tell them how much I love them.

2)      To travel as much as I can, and see as many places as I can.  To learn the culture of the place I’m visiting, try out the local cuisine and click lot of photographs.

3)      To realize that it’s ok to not be perfect.  No one is good at everything.  Those who appear to be are just faking it.  None of us were created to be perfect, because being perfect is unreal and boring.  It is our imperfection and being able to accept the fact that we are imperfect that makes us truly unique.

4)      To write about what I feel and touch people’s lives with my words.

5)      To visit Singapore and get lost with my friend Rukmani.

6)      To visit a wine-yard, try out the various kinds of wines and see if I can find any difference among them

7)      To sleep at the beach, watch the stars and the moon. To feel the wind through my hair; and to wake up at sun rise; see the first rays of sunlight and hear the sound of the sea gulls in the morning.

8)      To walk along some colorful unknown street aimlessly.

9)      To take a break from work

10)   To listen to someone who wants to talk, without judging them.

11)   To free a bird from a cage and share its joy of being free.

12)   To get angry without feeling guilty about it.

13)   To learn a new language

14)   To fall in love

May be there are many more things that would be added to my list.  All of us have lists….so if I had to ask you to make a list for yourself, what would be included in it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

So Many Distractions!

I wake up in the morning and check my phone for the time. I switch on the internet, and my phone starts beeping to the notifications of What...