Saturday 4 May 2013

My Life In Chennai !

I came to the city of Chennai around two years back. I moved to this city because of my job, my FIRST job ! The day i knew i got posted here, i felt both happy as well as sad. I was happy that i was moving to a new city, I was going to start working and earning, and experience life ! My friends, and well wishers told me not to go to Chennai as the climatic condition is something many people wish to avoid.
Ignoring all the doubts i had in mind, i moved into this city. The initial part was tuff.... very tuff indeed! Getting adjusted to a new place takes time, patience and effort ...

Out of the past and into the present..

My daily means of travel is the suburban train... the best thing about these trains is their speed... You don't need to worry about getting stuck in the traffic... Trains can get crowded... and in this case.. the main aim is to get into the train as soon as possible since it does not stop in any station for more than a minute or two..

'Where am i headed to this weekend?', is what i have in mind each morning as i walk to the suburban station, through the streets filled with the aroma of coffee, the sounds of bhajans and Suprabhatam, aunties drawing beautiful designs at the entrance of their houses, and uncles reading news papers...

I am a girl who loves to explore places.. and you would like to know some of my travel stories...

T Nagar is one of the places I went to first...This is a place where you can shop to your hearts content... the only problem is that it is too crowded.. so the whole shopping thing can get a little hectic. You can see aunties buying loads of saris, girls surrounding ear ring and bangle shops, kids having softies, just to name a few things..

Talking about T Nagar and not mentioning the lovely Gurudwara is not possible... The Gurudwara is a very peaceful place to be... and each visitor is greeted with the yummy prasad..

Mahabalipuram ... i had heard of this place many times..and i always wanted to visit it.. I went to this place on a weekend.. the journey took me around an hour by bus..This place consists of many sculptures and buildings from the olden times... tourists from all over come here to visit... There is a lovely beach and a temple called Shore temple... Visiting this place was a refreshing experience..

Dakshin Chitra - I had never heard of this place until my friend told me she was going to visit it... She asked if i wanted to join.. to which i agreed.. The place showcases the four southern states... and there are many interesting hobbies you can pursue here.. like pottery...

Beaches... I am a lover of beaches and spending time near the sea is an enriching experience for me....Besant  Nagar beach, Marina Beach are two famous beaches in Chennai..
Having chilli bhajji at beach with friends, feeling the breeze flow through my hair... hearing the sound of the waves .....playing in the water.... All these are beautiful memories i cherish..and i look forward to more time at the beach..

Shopping at Spencers, EA, Pheonix, Chennai City Center.... Well who doesn't love going to malls with friends at times ? Shopping or (window shopping ;)) , eating, just walking around.. watching movies,.. all this is something these malls offer...

In this span of around two years.. i have been to many places in the city... but i still know there is so much more to see... and explore !

Chennai is a beautiful city... which has something to offer to everyone.... It is a perfect blend of the Modern with the Traditional !




8 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting the blog. Keep blogging. Welcome to the party.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ...hope to learn and improve my writing...

      Delete
  2. All the best for your new venture ( i mean blogging)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog Atma..kp up d gud work :) loads of gud wishes for your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the inspiring words Devomitra... Please continue reading my future write ups.. :)

      Delete

So Many Distractions!

I wake up in the morning and check my phone for the time. I switch on the internet, and my phone starts beeping to the notifications of What...