Monday 24 April 2017

Traveling to Offbeat Places


The tourism industry is doing well these days. We see many ads about packages covering the most beautiful places on television, the internet, social media and the newspapers.  So many offers are also available that it can get a little confusing deciding on the place and our travel plans. Some destinations have been famous right from the very start, and these days we see new places becoming famous.
Most people plan their vacations to well-known places.  They either take a package from a travel planning site, or plan something on their own.  For some, they consider going during festival time.  This is the time when they get to see important celebrations of the place.

I have been a little different while choosing a destination.  I prefer going to less famous places; destinations which are special, but which never made it to the ‘Top 10’; destinations which make a great holiday but are not given much attention by the tourism companies or ad agencies. The reason? Well, just that these are places which haven’t got too much hype from the media.  They continue to be what they naturally were, and authenticity is what we get to see. There is also less commercialization, whereby we don’t end up paying more than what we should be paying.

The best thing about going to a place that doesn’t come in the list of ‘Top Tourist Destinations’ is that the crowd will be less in such places.  And hence there will be less competition to visit the places within the city or destination.  We will be able to plan our trip with more flexibility, choosing to spend our time where we wish to, without being affected by the hype or the noise. We will also be able to find a nice and beautiful accommodation in such places.

I'm a very creative person. I never knew it myself, but now I know.  Rushing and hurrying, competing for the best food, etc. dampen my creative ideas. I need to take things at my pace.  This might be another reason I like uncharted places. I also feel that these places bring me closer to knowing more about the place.  I have always been a nature lover, and a person who enjoyed finding out about the history of the place I see. Uncharted places give me the wonderful chance to do just this. I get a chance to see and capture all the beauty of the place I’m visiting.

Not everyone is like me. And that is OK. I am considering the list of uncharted places worth a visit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So Many Distractions!

I wake up in the morning and check my phone for the time. I switch on the internet, and my phone starts beeping to the notifications of What...