Thursday 23 August 2018

Finding Inspiration

We all have those times when we feel like we need a little extra inspiration. It could so happen that while we are working hard, we feel a little confused or our focus is blurred.  It's a race out there and at times we can end up questioning where is everyone (including us) headed to.

Inspiration can come to us from unexpected places and at a time when we don't expect.  It can come from nature, a pet, a stray, a movie, a known person or a complete stranger. We always need to be on the lookout for inspiration.

I have personally found nature to be very healing and relaxing. It teaches us to be patient and take one step at a time.  After all, if we observe flower, it blooms only when the time is right.  Not one day before, not one day later. Fruits grow during the season when they are meant to. They don't hurry to grow or ripen.

I saw a video by a completely unknown person today. It was a very short video, and what he had to say wasn't much. But it had deep meaning, and made a big difference in my life. I hadn't meant to watch his video but it just so happened.  What he said was that it is important to get away from it all every once in a while. And ask ourselves why do we do what we do. So if we take up learning a new language and feel demotivated after a while, we need to ask ourselves why did we start in the first place. This helps us get things into perspective. It gives us some fresh thoughts and ideas.  He also spoke about how he goes running every morning and how it helps him clear his mind. He returns feeling motivated, and good. The video is really short but I highly recommend it to anyone needing some focus and inspiration. I will share the video details at the end of this post.

Inspiration can also come from family or friends, or at times strangers.  My sister has always brought me back on track every time I felt I was lost or confused. They also say that it is not the quantity of friends you have in life, but the quality of the relationship you share with them.  Some of my friends have seen me at the best and not-so-best times. They inspire me as well.

So every time you feel your clarity is blurred or you need motivation, turn to someone or something that inspires you. A pet, a plant, a walk, the stars, your friends, or yourself.

And keep shining.

The video details: Why I Made This Design Channel By Cody Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So Many Distractions!

I wake up in the morning and check my phone for the time. I switch on the internet, and my phone starts beeping to the notifications of What...