Tuesday 10 July 2018

Dexter's Story

"Hey guys!!" I'm Dexter, a 3 year old Lab. I'm beige in color and oh ya my paws are white. That is probably because my father was white in color. I live on the 21st Street in Blossom Town with my owner, master and family - Ray. Ray is the best owner any dog can have. He is caring and at the same time gives me space to bark my heart out when I want to. He doesn't mind my chasing away pigeons with my right paw. I love sleeping and I also snore at times, but Ray has never scolded me for snoring loudly. Ray and I love exercising. Both of us are very sporty. We run for an hour every morning at 6 AM. And I love running with Ray. Where do we run? Oh, there is a park near by and it's the perfect place to run and exercise.

I'm handsome, super sexy, have many fans in the park, I live a healthy and fit life and have a wonderful master who gives me yummy chicken, leafy vegetables, potatoes and rice. Occasionally I also get pampered with some ice cream from Ray!

I thought my life was perfect until one day everything changed! Life took a new turn and my perfect life felt not-so-perfect. Yes yes, I know, you must be wondering what happened that changed everything. Lily happened!

Lily had just moved into the next house with her master. I usually hate having neighbors right next to us because their loud human voices and languages that I don't understand irritate me and disturb my sleep. But this time it was different, because Lily was there.  I first saw her at her balcony, looking deeply at the aquarium her owner had just placed. Lily was a mix of white, brown and black colors - a rare combination I must say. She was small built, looked tiny but very pretty. There was something unique about her.

Now you will ask me what breed she was?  Ok, let me tell you - she was not a dog like me, but a cat! Ok, laugh if you must but the truth still remains that I fell in love with a cat! It was love at first sight for me. They say you never know when love happens and it defies all logic and turns your life upside down. Well, that is what happened to my perfect doggy life. I would sit for hours and look at her balcony in the hope that I would get to see her. And when I would, my eyes would light up. Her voice was very childlike. It wasn't rough like the other cats. There was a certain kind of innocence in her and that is what I liked about her. She was the dreamy kind, most of the time in her own world.  I can go on and on about Lily but I guess this is enough introduction about her.

One morning, my uncle Jimmy (the black lab from the next street) had come to meet me at the park  and he noticed a change in me. He asked me what the matter was and when I told him I had fallen in love with Lily, he fainted! I then had to ask Ray to get some water and sprinkle it on his face.  Once Jimmy was up, he tried to talk me out of the idea of asking Lily out. He said 'she is different from you. There is nothing common between you. How on earth can you think about her (a feline species!!)' Jimmy said he would introduce me to some awesome doggy ladies from the neighborhood.  There was a black Pomeranian called Sheela, a pug called Rixy, and I think he said about a dalmatian called Ash! But all my heart wanted was Lily. Yes, Lily my cat.

The biggest worry Jimmy had about Lily and I was our language. I mean come on, I bark and she miaws. How on earth will we communicate? How would she understand what I meant and how will I get what she says! Well, yeah Jimmy had a point - a very valid point actually. But then you know what? I told Jimmy I would learn the miaw language for Lily. Jimmy gave me a long lecture that lasted for about half an hour and when he was done, he left. I am sure he was still in shock!

After about six months, I still felt the same about Lily. I would wait to hear her voice and see her come out of her house. My taste of music changed and now I listened to dreamy and soft doggy songs. I also listened to some cat songs and enjoyed them just as much.  Her presence definitely had an effect on me. If Ray knew that I had fallen for Lily and fallen so bad, I am sure he would have understood and helped me out as I have heard that human beings also have something called inter community relationships.  But mine isn't even an inter community relationship, it is inter species!!

I was a little scared of what my family would do if they had known about Lily. She was beautiful, cute, adorable and childlike but then she was a CAT! And a dog and a cat can't fall in love! At least according to the world they can't. I am sure Lily had no clue of what I felt for her. But six months had passed and I decided to tell her about my feelings with a ring and an imported fish from the Indian Ocean. (Cats love fish, that is why.)

I took Jimmy with me to the ring shop and picked up one with a fish shaped stone. I got our names engraved on it just to personalize it more. My Indian Ocean fish had been ordered online, and it would reach me in a while.

Everything was ready and I had practiced what to say to Lily a million times in front of Jimmy until Jimmy had a headache. I was scared, a little anxious, but my heart beat very fast. I felt excitement that I had never felt before. I didn't care about anything - the other dogs, cats, our language issue, etc. I just knew I had to tell Lily.

That day Lily didn't come out from her house. I was worried, but I waited for her. Much later Jimmy came and said Lily and her family had shifted to England.

Ok, guys so that is my story. Now it's time for my daily run with Ray and Jimmy is planning to join us from now on. Bye guys!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

So Many Distractions!

I wake up in the morning and check my phone for the time. I switch on the internet, and my phone starts beeping to the notifications of What...