Wednesday 11 July 2018

The Dairy Of Naomi

Many people are looking at me and most of them appear amazed. Some of them clap their hands, and the others are too busy clicking selfies with me in the background. Some of the kids try to speak to me while the others are just too busy staring at me! Ok, now this is a little irritating. Why do they have to look at me and take my photographs? My eyes hurt because of the flash. And the sound of the camera is one of the most unpleasant sounds I have heard. Can't these people get a life? Can't they mind their own business? How would they feel if my friends and I did the same to them? And now here comes another wierdo who is actually throwing food at me! I mean seriously, back-off dude!! I have more than enough food for myself and I don't need the stuff you just threw at me.

Oh in the midst of all the anger and desperation, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Naomi the rabbit. I live in the Waffles Zoo at the 5th Street. I got here when I was 4 months old. The older buds I have say my uncle left me here. No one really knows about my mom and dad. No one has seen them. I feel a deep urge to meet them and ask them why they left me. But since the time I remember the zoo has been my home. While I was a kid I used to enjoy the attention but now, I have changed. Grown up maybe?

  I have a nice group of friends at the zoo. They are of all age groups. The elder ones seem more matured than me and are not as sensitive as I am. They don't care about how many selfies people take with them, and many of them are not really bothered. The old ones have reached a state of apathy (which is scary).

As for me, I really want to get out of this zoo. I mean, imagine being born and spending your entire life entertaining other people? Being around people who don't know you, who don't really care about you, and who are just there to look amazed. I mean I can't spend the rest of my life like this. I want to get the hell out of the Waffles Zoo and discover myself.

I want to see places, climb a bus, have red and orange carrots and see if I can actually spot the difference between them. I want to have an adventure before I grow old. I want to live for me and not as an object of attraction for these strangers. I hate being the center of attraction anyways. It is such a big, wide world. There are so many mountains, grasslands, lakes and rivers. There are volcanoes and there are wild sunsets. And all of that is much better than living my life locked up in a zoo. I want to run away from here, I want to fall in love, I want to have an adventure of some kind.  The zoo isn't really my place.

I don't really know when I fell asleep thinking about all this. The next day I opened my eyes and found myself in a completely new place. I was in a room that looked very beautiful. There were red and orange carrots kept near me and a bowl of water. "Where am I, I wondered!". I knew it definitely wasn't the zoo! I was a little anxious as a new situation in life is always a cause of anxiety. I got up and went towards the window. There was a beautiful garden outside. "Öh you are up! My darling rabbit", said a voice. I turned around and saw a little girl. She said her name was Tina. She knew everything about me. My thoughts, my dreams, my anger and fear. I wondered how. She then said she could communicate with animals. She understood their language and thoughts. That was her super power.

She had come to visit Waffles the previous week and heard me saying that I wanted to move out of the zoo.  She then decided to take me out of there and wrote a letter to the zoo authorities. Her dad knows the manager there and so here I was - at her house.  She said I could stay there for as long as I wanted and leave whenever my heart wanted to!!

I couldn't really believe it! How my life had changed so much. It was totally unexpected. And all I could tell myself at that moment was 'Miracles do happen. So never stop dreaming, as you never know when your dream will come true! '

-- The Dairy Of Naomi


No comments:

Post a Comment

So Many Distractions!

I wake up in the morning and check my phone for the time. I switch on the internet, and my phone starts beeping to the notifications of What...